Internship / Training Program (6 Months)
Groupsoft is one of the world’s leading Solutions Provider and Systems Integrator for Retail and Fashion enterprises, where bold innovative thinking, inspired people, and passion for results come together for an exceptional impact. We simplify, strengthen, and transform your Retail, Wholesale, and Fashion business. Groupsoft is located out of Princeton, NJ in the US and Bangalore, India. Through years of Business Solution implementation and consulting experience for the Retail, Wholesale, and Fashion industries, strategic partnerships, and passionate commitment to client satisfaction, we have created a one-stop-shop for any enterprise interested in elevating their operations to the cutting-edge of retail technology. Groupsoft’s client base spreads beyond 90 plus satisfied customers with geographic coverage of 30 plus countries.
At Groupsoft we uphold our company’s culture and nurture our set of core values – Integrity, Respect for All, Collaboration, Creativity, Enablement, Inclusiveness, and Empathy.
We’re looking for students or recent graduates with a passion for analytics and SQL experience to join our new Snowflake data management practice. An individual who has what it takes to learn a new cutting edge cloud data platform, support internal projects, collaborate with teams and deliver results.
During the first half of the internship, you’ll focus on SQL and Snowflake partner training. You’ll then proceed to work with our developers and engineers on internal projects to hone your skills and develop your newly acquired knowledge of the platform. You will have the opportunity to be trained on the most technically advanced cloud data platform. A fantastic opportunity to evolve into a cloud data management professional.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the design of logical and physical data models along with preparing and presenting information for internal use.
- Receive mentorship from senior team members and apply knowledge within internal projects
- Support database optimization, integrity, consistency, security and privacy in our data management services
- Support, collaborate with and learn from Application Developers to implement database design
- Learn to create scripts to build new database objects
- Learn how to develop stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers and views using SQL.
- Participate in SQL code reviews and gain a deeper understanding of SQL clustering and fine tuning for our cloud data management platform.
- Support the continuous evaluation of software components and tools for software applications, making recommendations for system improvements as required.
- Assist in upgrading and improving data and application schema, assist with preparing design documents and functional specifications.
- Work in conjunction with the engineering and data science teams to resolve issues, evaluate software modules, and develop appropriate specifications.
- Work in a highly collaborative global agile environment to deliver services
Eligibility and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years experience in writing solutions using SQL
- Basic understanding of varied data attributes and data types.
- Basic understanding of any enterprise database, knowledge of ETL scripting and advanced integrations across technologies is an added advantage.
- Strong Object-Oriented programming skills
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and make room for emergencies, as needed.
- Strong desire to gain knowledge and apply new skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to ETL tools like Informatica or Talend
- Data modelling experience using any standard data modelling tool
- Experience with structured and semi structured data (json, bson, parquet, etc)
- Any database SQL administration experience, including knowing running of database SQL CRUD — users, permission, security best practices.
- Understanding of cloud environments like AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure is an advantage