Groupsoft is one of the world’s leading Solutions Provider and Systems Integrator for Retail and Fashion enterprises, where bold innovative thinking, inspired people, and passion for results come together for an exceptional impact. We simplify, strengthen, and transform your Retail, Wholesale and Fashion business. Groupsoft is located out of Princeton, NJ in the US and Bangalore, India. Through years of Business Solution implementation and consulting experience for the Retail, Wholesale, and Fashion industries, strategic partnerships, and passionate commitment to client satisfaction, we have created a one-stop-shop for any enterprise interested in elevating their operations to the cutting-edge of retail technology. Groupsoft’s client base spreads beyond 90 plus satisfied customers with a geographic coverage of 30 plus countries.
At Groupsoft we uphold our company’s culture and nurture our set of core values – Integrity, Respect for All, Collaboration, Creativity, Enablement, Inclusiveness and Empathy.
The role of the SAP Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize the project according to the scope, timeline and budget. This includes managing resources and coordinating efforts of all team members in order to deliver projects according to project plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, communicate status with the stakeholders and oversee the quality control throughout its life cycle.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Direct and manage complete life-cycle of the SAP Project including the planning, design, programming, testing, and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various departments in the company.
- Develop full-scale project plan and associated communication documents.
- Work with Business team to develop and document process flows.
- Determine project needs and acquires resources required for the success of the project.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Ensures delivery of project objectives within prescribed timeframe and budget.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirement and other PMO methodology documentation.
- Prepare updates/status of all projects and present on a monthly basis to the senior management.
- Facilitate status meetings with project stakeholders.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manage resource capacity to align with on-going project initiatives and overall budgetary goals.
- Ensures training materials are completed for the rollout of new business processes.
- Ensures project document are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for overall coordination of user acceptance testing and training.
Project Location/s: NJ,USA, China Mainland, Japan, India.
Important Note: The role requires extensive International travel required. The candidate must be prepared for extensive travel.
- Minimum of five years related work experience preferably in the Distribution and/or Retail Merchandising Industry
- Experience in SAP program and project management
- SAP S/4 HANA experience is a plus
- At least one complete life cycle implementation
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Proven experience in delivering IT process and change management
- Experience managing multiple, geographically dispersed vendors through all phases of the project life cycle
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alteration promptly and efficiently
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Experience in a distribution, retail or consumer goods industries
- Excellent listening, writing and oral communication skills
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong service orientation, highly self-motivated and directed
- Dependable, takes initiative and responsibility for own actions
- Ability to defuse tension among project team should it arise
- College degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, and/or business administration