Groupsoft is one of the world’s leading Solutions Provider and Systems Integrator for Retail and Fashion enterprises, where bold innovative thinking, inspired people, and passion for results come together for an exceptional impact. We simplify, strengthen, and transform your Retail, Wholesale and Fashion business.
Groupsoft is headquartered out of Princeton, NJ in the US and has its offices in New York and Bangalore. Groupsoft, since its foundation in the year 2009, has stayed focused on Business Solution implementations and IT consulting services for the Retail, Wholesale, and Fashion industries. Through years of Business Solution implementation and consulting experience for the Retail, Wholesale, and Fashion industries, strategic partnerships, and passionate commitment to client satisfaction, we have created a one-stop-shop for any enterprise interested in elevating their operations to the cutting-edge of retail technology. Groupsoft’s client base spreads beyond 90 plus satisfied customers with geographic coverage of 30 plus countries.
At Groupsoft we uphold our company’s culture and nurture our set of core values – Integrity, Respect for All, Collaboration, Creativity, Enablement, Inclusiveness, and Empathy.
To prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization’s finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Processing Accounts Payables for multiple entities including:
- reviewing invoices for accuracy,
- acquiring proper approvals,
- invoice entry,
- check preparation,
- record keeping and filing
- Resolution of invoice discrepancies
- Vendor statement reconciliation and Vendor Management
- Processing Accounts Receivable and ensure that receivables are collected in timely manner including
- due timely follow-ups with the customers
- inform and advise management for necessary actions
- copying of checks
- assign category/ies
- and send notifications to appropriate staff
- Preparing deposits and recording all payments and any other forms of income into the appropriate database
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date General Ledger
- Balance General ledger with reconciliations at regular periods
- Preparing and posting journal entries
- Performing month end closing and prepare monthly financial statements
- Share financial statements to Company’s Directors/Management
- Maintain fixed assets, depreciation and other schedules
- Manage Bank reconciliations
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; and advise management on needed actions.
- Assist with the annual budget and audit process
- Maintain, file and retain historical financial documents for record purposes
- Liaison with bank and other cash & banking activities
- Collaborate / coordinate with the counterparts in subsidiary companies of Groupsoft
- Assist in other administrative duties as needed
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three years experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll report
- Have knowledge of GST, TDS, PF & PF knowledge
- Have good strong knowledge of Indian accounting and accounting principals
- Experience in Invoicing processes
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Prior working experience in an IT company
- Knowledge of US accounting will have added advantage
- B.COM (Hons) and Semi Qualified CA
- Minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping and/or related IT experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of working on Quickbooks will be a plus
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Strong communication skills
Note: State ‘Executive – Accounts’ in the Subject of the Email
All offers are contingent on a successful background check.